Gordon Ramsey’s Delicious Tomato Soup
When the cold breeze of wind hits you, you feel the urge to get your pan out of the shelf and prepare some good recipes that you can try out this winter. The best thing and recipe that one can enjoy in winter is none other than soup.
Nothing can beat a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter night. Many people around the world try to make different types of soups and they do it according to their preferences. Getting soup ordered from a restaurant or picking up a tin or carton is way very easy but when you really want to feel that joy and some amazing taste than making your soup at your home is something different and trust me nothing can ever beat that.
You can try making this soup recipe known as Gordon Ramsey’s Tomato Soup and this one is surely worth the hype. This recipe is very easy to follow and you will surely be surprised by the taste you will get. I tried out this soup and I was really amazed by the fact of how easy it is to make and also the taste that it had just made me a fan of this recipe. If you are someone who lives in a region that has got harsh weather conditions during winter then you must try out this soup.
If you love soups then this one’s for you and I would strongly recommend trying this one out. In this article today we are going to learn the recipe of Gordon Ramsey’s Delicious Tomato Soup. If you are interested in soups and you are a soup lover then you must read this recipe as it will help you a lot.
Gordon Ramsey’s Delicious Tomato Soup Recipe
Trying out different recipes at home is a must and if you are a food lover then this below-mentioned recipe is just like finding treasure. So let’s quickly look at the delicious recipe. The first thing that is required to do is to gather some necessary ingredients.
Ingredients to gather
- Red onions – 2 (peeled and chopped)
- Vine tomatoes 1.5 kg (3.1 lb of ripped tomatoes that are cored and divided)
- Garlic Cloves – 2 (finely sliced)
- Olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt
- Cayenne pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Double cream – 100ml
- Vegetable stock – 1 litre (13pt)
- Vinegar (Balsamic) – 1 tablespoon
- The first thing that needs to be done is start your oven and let it preheat to 180 degrees.
- Now take a roasting tray and place it over the hob and keep it on medium heat.
- The first things that you need to add are garlic, onions, and cayenne pepper. After this, you need to give a drizzle using olive oil. This will help the onions to stay coated and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Now you can add the tomatoes that are cored and halved and along with it add a pinch of salt and pepper, vinegar (balsamic), and brown sugar. Now leave it on the heat for five more minutes until you can notice that the tomatoes have started caramelizing. After this give a good stir to it and place it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- You can remove the roasting tin once 25 minutes have passed and then place it back on the hob and keep the heat to medium.
- After this, you need to add the vegetables and let them boil. Once this is done you must leave it to simmer and it will take a few minutes for that. Take the double cream and add it and stir and simmer the double cream for the next two minutes.
- If you are looking for a chunky soup then you can also take the help of a potato masher that will help you to blend the soup. This will get you thicker consistency. If you are looking for a more traditional cream then you can stick the blender directly into the pan. This will certainly let all the flavor mix into the soup until and unless you pour it into the blender.
As the soup is ready now you can serve it warm and enjoy it with your family or friends.
The recipe which is mentioned above is the recipe of soup but when you look at Gordon Ramsey’s Delicious Tomato Soup recipe you will notice that he also adds a sundried tomato pesto and this is a homemade one too. He puts it over the top. This pesto is also very easy and simple to make and this will add some amazing twist to your soup. Let’s look at how it’s made.
Homemade Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe
If you want to complete your Gordon Ramsey’s Tomato Soup then you also need to make this homemade tomato pesto along with it. We will have a look at it quickly as it is super easy to prepare.
- Olive oil
- Parmesan Cheese – 50 grams (grated cheese)
- Pine Nuts – 2 tablespoon
- Tomatoes – 75 grams (Sundries, chopped and strained)
- Take a pan and toast the pine nuts in it and you need to do it until you see that they become golden brown and are crispy enough.
- Now use a mortar and pestle and try to ground the tomatoes which are sun dried until you get an oily mixture or paste.
- Take a pinch of pepper and pine nuts and add it and continue to grind until you feel the desired pesto consistency is reached.
- Stir the grated parmesan cheese and then add a dash of olive oil. This will surely give you four teaspoons of pesto that you can add to your tomato soup.
Here are some of the best Recipe books by Gordon Ramsay, click to check the price
The Nutrition Value you will receive from the Tomato Soup
The best thing about this recipe is that 200g that is (70 oz) of serving will give you just about 166 calories and it can be easily burnt.
How to serve?
There are many styles you can try serving your soup with but we would recommend you to serve this with a crusty bread roll or even sliced bread can go with it.
You can also try a slice of cheese on the toast to add some beauty. This soup will surely win your heart and your friends and family will also love it.
Gordon Ramsey’s Delicious Tomato Soup is a very simple recipe and you would love the fact that it doesn’t contain a lot of calories.
There is a wide range of soups that are available and they are ready to make but trying something like this at home will surely give you immense pleasure because it is simple but amazing. Making your own soup can be seen as a lot of effort and time required and it is understandable. But I don’t think you’ll be unhappy to make Gordon Ramsey’s Soup, because you smell great and the stomach is loaded!!
I hope that I was clear enough with the recipes and you will be able to make them on your own by reading this article.